We recommend Hotjar if you are looking to gain insight into your web visitors. The company offers several valuable tools for today’s marketer. Over the past few months, Hill Country Advisors has been using the WordPress plug-in for Heatmaps and Visitor Session Playbacks, which is also referred to as Recordings. You can learn about all of their offerings at www.hotjar.com
- Recordings: Identify usability issues by watching recordings of real visitors on your site as they click, tap, move their cursor, type and navigate across pages
- Heatmaps: Understand what users want, care about and interact with on your site by visually representing their clicks, taps and scrolling behavior.
As a result of having this marketing tool, I have:
- added several more links to my articles;
- linked the main image on my bio;
- rearranged content so the more important information is read early in case the visitor does not scroll (above the fold still matters).
These changes have increased time spent on the site and have created deeper initial marketing conversations with potential clients. For example, several have referenced material from the Healthy Marketing Habits blog post.
Here’s a short demo video. Contact us for more information on Hotjar as well as other marketing technology tools that Hill Country Advisors recommends for today’s marketer.
Hotjar Ltd. is a privately owned company that builds intuitive and disruptive research and optimisation tools for web businesses. Hotjar is a new powerful tool that reveals the online behaviour and voice of your users. By combining both A) Analysis and B) Feedback tools, Hotjar gives you the ‘big picture’ of how to improve your site’s user experience and performance (conversion rates). Using Hotjar, you can now reveal true website user behaviour and experiences with one central tool. All your data, reports and data are securely stored in the cloud and are accessible at lightning speed. Hotjar is an all-in-one ‘User Intelligence’ solution that includes: – Heatmaps – Visitor Session Playback – Feedback and Exit Polls – Online Surveys – Conversion Funnel Analysis – Form Abandonment Analysis – Recruit User Testers